Category Archives: Windows

*.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of the script is disabled on this system.

When executing a powserscript on a windows machine you can encounter the error *.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of the script  is disabled on this system. Please see “get-help about_signing for more details.” This nice security feature prevents us from running the script because it’s not signed.

This feature can be disable by running:

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Or by searching what is appropriate for your system at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee176949.aspx

[database] property may not exist for or due insufficient access rights

Sometimes you run into really annoying things and this was one of them.
When right clicking a database in SQL server lead to an error:

“[database] property may not exist for or due insufficient access rights”

When searching the internet I found a nice solution which i tried.

USE [DATABASE]
EXEC sp_changedbowner '[hostname]\ Administrator'

An yet again SQL Server figured a way to irritate me with an other error.

Error : Msg 15110, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_changedbowner, Line 46
The proposed new database owner is already a user in the database

The problem could be resolved by first dropping the user on that user and then add it again.
After that all works fine again.

USE [DATABASE]
EXEC sp_dropuser '[hostname]\ Administrator'
EXEC sp_changedbowner '[hostname]\ Administrator'

Backup Exec 2012 – HP MSL 2024

I installed Backup Exec 2012 on a new DL380 Machine which I connected to our HP MSL 2024. When I started to backup our environments all the backup’s ran into problems.

They all run into one of this two errors:

  1. Adamm Mover Error: Write Failure!
  2. An unknown error has occurred.

And for both Symantec Backup Exec 2012 blamed the tape drive. A device attached to the computer doesn’t work correctly. I ran all the HP Tape storage tools tests and they all indicated that the MSL was working correctly. After digging into google I found the solution for this problem on the site from Symantec  (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61192).

Disabling SCSI Information from HP did the trick. 

Disable the HP Management Agents:  
Go to Control Panel > HP Management Agents, select the Services tab, then move SCSI Information to the Inactive Agents column.  Retry the backup job.
If it still fails, try moving the performance monitor agent to the disabled column and try the backup again.
Disable the following HP services, and reboot the server and test another backup:  –  HP Insight Server Agents
–  HP Insight Storage Agents
–  HP Insight Foundation Agents
   –  HP WMI Storage Providers service
NOTE: Not all three services may be present. Only disable what is listed above.

Set the timeserver in a windows domain.

  1. First, locate your PDC Server. Open the command prompt and type:C:\>netdom /query fsmo
  2. Log in to your PDC Server and open the command prompt.
  3. Stop the W32Time service: C:\>net stop w32time
  4. Configure the external time sources, type: C:\> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:”0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org”
  5. Make your PDC a reliable time source for the clients. Type:C:\>w32tm /config /reliable:yes
  6. Start the w32time service: C:\>net start w32time
  7. The windows time service should begin synchronizing the time. You can check the external NTP servers in the time configuration by typing: C:\>w32tm /query /configuration
  8. Check the Event Viewer for any errors.